BUYER (SANITY ) CHECKLIST
- I’ve done my homework. I’ve picked the neighborhoods and property types I want as well as reviewed the market conditions.
- I’ve gotten my finances in order. I’ve reviewed my credit report and am sure I have enough money to cover the down-payment and closing costs.
- I’ve started the loan process. I made sure that I talked to a lender and get prequalified for a mortgage before I started looking.
- I’m first and foremost listening to my gut. Don’t ask too many people for opinions. It will drive you crazy. Select one or two people to turn to only!
- I am realistic about when I can move. I’ve factored in my current lease or ability to sublet.
- I’m thinking long-term. I’m clear on if I want a starter house I’ll leave in a few years or a long term home and mortgage.
- I’m not putting all my eggs in the bank's pocket. I’ll have money left for maintenance or decoration after the down-payment and mortgage each month.
- Consider hiring us as a buyer’s representative. Unlike a listing agent, whose first duty is to the seller, a buyer’s representative is working only for you.
- FYI, when representing the buyer, the agent’s commission is paid by the seller.
- I’ve discussed with Carrie any concerns or key info. The more we know about you, the more we can help you!
THE NEXT CHAIN OF EVENTS
- Listing Information Review
- Home Tours and Open Houses
- Exploring Options/Learning the Market
- Find the Home You Wish to Buy
- Review Property Documents
- Comparative Market Value Analysis
- Negotiation of Best Terms and Price
- Offer Acceptance
- Create Timeline of Events
- Open Escrow Account
- Buyer Good-Faith Deposit
- Preliminary Title Report
- Lender Appraisal
- Property Inspection & Investigation
- Review of Disclosures and Reports
- Removal of Contingencies of Sale
The Week Before Closing
- Final Walk-Through
- Review and Sign Closing Documents
- Buyer Final Deposit
- Funding of Loan
Day of Closing
- Redecoration of the Deed
- Close of Escrow
- Delivery of Keys